Spring Cleaning: Deep Cleaning the Bathroom
When it comes time to deep clean your bathroom, we aren’t just talking about disinfecting surfaces. As we all know, the bathroom is the most visited room in any home. Which also means, it’s the perfect place for Spring cleaning efforts. While the bathroom isn’t always the most fun to clean, if you follow these steps, you’ll easily curb the chaos and deep clean with ease. We break it down to a couple of days, this will be especially helpful if you have multiple bathrooms in your home.
Day one. Get your cleaning supplies ready first. This way you’ll have it all handy so you can start as soon as the clutter is tamed. Some items that you’ll need:
- Toilet brush and bowl cleaner
- Spray bottle with tub & tile cleaner
- Cleaning products
- All-purpose cleaning spray
- Glass cleaner
- Clean rags or paper towels
- Broom / dustpan
- Rubber gloves
- Stiff brush
- Microfiber cloth
- Steam or microfiber mop
Gather all the items in your bathroom and sort them in a designated spot outside of the bathroom, such as a kitchen table. This includes everything from the vanity, drawers, medicine cabinet and shelves. Sort all of the items into three piles:
- Items you want to keep
- Items you need to dispose of
- Items you will give away/donate
Day Two. Still with me? Ok, now let’s tackle the deep cleaning.
- Remove shower curtains, towels, bath mats and window curtains. Place items in the laundry and launder according to manufacturer directions. Replace plastic shower curtains or clean them thoroughly and allow them to dry outside on a clothesline.
- Dust all surfaces including wall hangings and ceiling corners.
- Sweep the floor.
- Vacuum heating and exhaust vents.
- Wash the walls of the bathroom.
- Scrub the shower, tub and sinks.
- Scrub the toilet.
- Clean the trash can, inside and out.
- Clean the mirrors, shower door and any other glass features. Use your glass cleaner on sink and tub fixtures, too to brighten them up!
- Wipe down the medicine cabinets and under sink cabinet surfaces.
- Mop the bathroom floor.
- Sit back and admire your lovely, fresh-scented and super clean bathroom!
Spring cleaning your bathroom may seem like a huge task to tackle, but if you use these tips and our handy checklist, it will be done in no time. Then you can step back and admire your efforts. Perhaps you reward yourself with an in home spa day in your fresh clean bathroom.