As spring is in full bloom, it’s time to brighten up your rooms and enjoy the sunshine. A few simple, cost-effective changes can help renew your space. Here are eight cost-effect ways to brighten up a room:
- Add a plant. Adding a plant helps bring color indoors, along with a fresh smell.
- Add a mirror. Mirrors reflect light around the room and can help small spaces look bigger.
- Re-paint. A freshly painted wall changes the color of the room, but can help brighten it up, too.
- Rethink your curtains. If privacy isn’t an issue, add sheer curtains. You can also raise your curtain rod to allow maximum light in.
- Change your accessories. Adding a new rug can give a room a whole new meaning. Adding new throw pillows with a pop of color can help brighten up a room as well.
- Rearrange your furniture. Experiment with your furniture. If you have a large window, try not to put lots of furniture in front of it.
- Clean windows and screens. Once you wash the winter out of your windows, open them and allow the light and smell of fresh air in!
- Add fresh flowers. Colorful vases and bright flowers can make any dull room brighter!
For more DIY and how-to tips, visit our Pinterest Page.