Wisconsin’s hot weather streak has us thinking about one thing: where is the nearest pool? The Association of Pool and Spa Professionals say around 4.7 million U.S. homes have in-ground pools. What are the benefits to having a pool on your property?
- Increase aesthetic value of your yard
- Social butterflies flourish around pools
- Great for hosting parties as an entertainment center
- Kids love them!
- An easy way to cool off during hot weather
- Health benefits: great forms of aquatic exercise
- Adds value to your home
- The National Association of REALTORS® estimates a 7.7% property value increase.
- Maintenance: time and costs
- Chemicals and cleaning
- Safety Concerns
- Many buyers are wary of purchasing a home with a pool if they have small children
- Pools consume space in small yards
- Insurance may cost more for homes with pools
The weather is hot in Wisconsin now, but will you want to justify the cost of a pool once cold weather hits? Comment below or on our Facebook post about pools.