Spring is finally here! Which means our spring checklist is finally here! Don’t get caught with these tasks undone, your home and yard will thank you for it!
- Test your sprinklers and irrigation system! Don’t let the first sign of a faulty system be your drooping garden. Make sure to test your system before you start using it regularly and save yourself the hassle of fixing it last minute!
- Inspect your walkways and driveway. After repeated freezing and thawing throughout the winter, this can take a major toll on your asphalt or concrete. Check for cracks and schedule repairs where needed!
- Wash your windows inside and out to let that spring sunshine in.
- Don’t forget to clean and inspect your screen doors and windows! Pollen and grime build up over the year so it’s good practice to clean them. Plus you can check for holes that pests could come through; easily repair them with a screen patch kit.
- Have your cooling system checked out by a trained professional. A properly maintained system cools better, uses less energy and will last longer. This way you will be all ready for summer!
- Make sure to keep up on your Spring Checklist! Next we turn to your wood decks and fences. Do they need to be re-stained or resealed? Check gates, locks and other features to make sure everything is in working order.
- When you think of your Spring Checklist, washing the outside of your home may not be on there, but it actually should be. Attached a siding cleaning kit to your garden hose and watch your home look rejuvenated!
- One of everyone’s favorite items is cleaning gutters and downspouts! Even though this chore is tedious, it is very necessary for your home to remain damage free.