As the weather outside is frightful, there are many days where leaving our homes become difficult and challenging. Don’t worry — there are many things you can do indoors to beat the winter blues.
• Milwaukee Public Museum. The Milwaukee Public Museum is a museum of human and natural history, providing a stimulating environment to excite and challenge visitors with a diversity of interests. One of the largest museums in the United States, the Milwaukee Public Museum features changing exhibits, classes, workshops and more.
• Discovery World. Discovery World is a science and technology center with over 120,000 square feet of hands-on exhibits. With a sailing vessel, aquatarium, technology exhibit and theater, there is lots of family fun available at Discovery World.
• Betty Brinn Children’s Museum. Betty Brinn Children’s Museum is Milwaukee’s only place for hands-on play and interactive learning — only available for children 10 and under. There are classes, workshops, changing exhibits and more, making Betty Brinn a great place to learn and play.
• Milwaukee Art Museum. The Milwaukee Art Museum collects and preserves art, presenting it to the community as a source of inspiration and education. As the exhibits are ever-changing, the Milwaukee Art Museum offers over 30,000 works of art.
• Charles Allis Art Museum. The Charles Allis Art Museum is a rich cultural institution that serves the entire Milwaukee community, celebrating Milwaukee’s diversity, art and artists.
• Villa Terrace Decorative Arts Museum. Overlooking Lake Michigan, the Villa Terrace Decorative Arts Museum features fine and decorative arts, dating from the 15th-18th century.
• Harley Davidson Museum. The Harley Davidson Museum showcases the Harley Davidson Motor Company’s history and motorcycles through a variety of exhibits. Celebrating over 100 years in Milwaukee, the Harley Davidson Motor Company has a huge history in Milwaukee.
• Marcus Center. The Marcus Center for Performing Arts is home to numerous entertainment and performing arts productions. As their schedule is always changing, and national acts come to Milwaukee, the Marcus Center is always bustling with new entertainment.
• First Stage Children’s Theater. The First Stage Children’s Theater provides entertainment for children, focusing on children’s stories, workshops and classes.
• Milwaukee County Outdoor Ice Rinks. The Milwaukee County Parks have many outdoor ice rinks, perfect for enjoying the scenery and learning something new.
• Petit National Ice Center. Whether you’re an ice skater, or a runner, the Petit National Ice Center offers lot of recreational enjoyment.
For more things to do in Milwaukee, shops, cafes, restaurants, click here.