• State Capitol. The State Capitol reaches over 265 feet, featuring Daniel Chester French’s elegant gilded bronze statue “Wisconsin”, and Edwin Blashfield’s mural “Resources of Wisconsin.” Take a tour around the Capitol and learn all about the Capitol Building.
• Monona Terrace Community and Convention Center. The Monona Terrace Community and Convention Center is a community gathering place and tourism destination. Providing a wide variety of free and low-cost community programs, there are classes, workshops and more available for people of all ages.
• Madison Museum of Contemporary Art. The Madison Museum of Contemporary Art features changing exhibits of American prints, photographs and drawings. With over 5,000 works of art, there are lots to view.
• Wisconsin Historical Museum. The Wisconsin Historical Museum features permanent and changing exhibits of Wisconsin’s history from prehistoric times to present day. Exhibits include Native Americans, European immigrants, agriculture, mining, lumbering, industry, tourism and political history.
• Wisconsin Veterans Museum. The Wisconsin Veterans Museum tells the compelling stories of the brave men and women who served in the Armed Forces and helped shape our nation’s history.
• Madison Children’s Museum. The Madison Children’s Museum mission is to connect children with their family, their community and the world beyond through discovery learning and creative play. With lots always happening, the Madison Children’s Museum is always buzzing.
• Middleton Polar Express Train Ride. This one-hour, round-trip train Polar Express Train Ride is very similar to the story and now movie.
• Cave of the Mounds. The Cave of the Mounds is open year round, where you can explore outdoor trails, dig in fossils, search for gemstones and experience a butterfly garden.
• The House on the Rock. The House on the Rock opened in 1960 when Alex Jordan built a small house, including a chimney on a rock. Since then, it was grown into a huge tourist destination with buildings, exhibits, collections and more.
For more things to do in Madison, click here.