- Splurge: Refacing (adding new cabinet fronts and doors) can help dress up your cabinets if the layout already works in your kitchen.
- Save: Repaint dark, dated wood with bright, fresh paint to open up your space.
- (Bonus) Save: Consider taking off your cabinet doors for modern open shelving. Be sure to repaint the frames after removing doors.
- Splurge: Upgrade your old appliances for new ones in finishes such as stainless steel, oiled bronze, antique copper or slate.
- Save: Change out old hardware for new drawer pulls and cabinet handles.
- Splurge: High-quality windows make the difference for kitchens, especially those exposed to natural light.
- Save: Upgrade older fixtures with something new. Be sure to check sales for even better deals on lighting.
- Splurge: New, showpiece counter tops are sure to give your kitchen a facelift.
- Save: Roll-away counters give you added space when you need it and roll away after. This cart, under 23″x20″ and $60, can find a home in any kitchen.
- Splurge: A new range and hood, especially in a color, will make a statement in any kitchen.
- Save: Faucets are easy to change and have endless options to coordinate with any kitchen decor scheme.
Categories: Home Improvement