Each year, the housing market takes on a different tone — whether it’s going to be a seller’s market with bidding wars, or a buyers’ market with tons of choices. There’s no denying that the 2014 housing season is heating up. Here are some insights to give you the upper hand on selling your house:
- Right now is a great time to sell. The winter house selling season was heavily impacted by the polar vortex, so there’s pent-up demand for buyers who have been waiting for the weather to warm up. Mortgage rates are still at historic lows, so homebuyers are ready to buy a house and are hitting the streets. A Shorewest real estate agent is ready for you to make the call.
- Know your numbers: 60 percent. 60 percent of homes in 2014 will be bought and sold from May to August. Putting your home on the market at the beginning of the season will help your chances of snagging a winning offer before buyers turn their attention back to school in September.
- Price it Right. Pricing is a critical component to getting your house sold. With the market fluctuating, take a look at similar house comps in your area. The sale price of homes that sold and currently on the market paints a much better picture of what to expect. A Shorewest real estate agent can help you set the right price to get an offer as soon as possible.
- It pays to be ahead of the curve. The sooner you list your home for sale in the season, the less competition you’ll have.
- Make it pop off the screen. A huge percentage of homebuyers use the internet to start their home search. And that percentage is expected to rise this year as more homebuyers take advantage of easy access to the wealth of information online. Get in on this trend by making sure your home pops on the computer screens. Great homes with mediocre quality photos will be quickly discarded and ultimately have less showings. Home sellers should insist that their real estate agent take the time to beef up their online home listing so the quality of the home jumps off the screen and gets buyers’ attention. Shorewest real estate agents are experts at staging, photography and updating home for sale, all to help their client’s homes stand out.
When you’re ready to list your home for sale, or look for a new one, your Shorewest, REALTOR®, has the knowledge and training to help you with the process. Contact Shorewest today and we’ll find you the perfect agent.
Tags: current housing market, Home Sales, Home Selling, homes for sale, Housing Market, Real Estate, real estate agent, real estate market, selling a home, shorewest, Shorewest Realtors, tips and advice, Wisconsin, wisconsin real estate
Categories: Home Selling