Trick-or-treat starts this weekend and continues through Halloween, and at Shorewest we want everyone to enjoy the holiday while staying safe. Use the following tips from Haunted Wisconsin to stay safe this trick-or-treat season.
- Never trick-or-treat alone. Have at least two friends go with you.
- Plan your entire route, and make sure your family knows what it is.
- If your neighborhood sponsors nighttime trick-or-treat, bring a flashlight or glow sticks to illuminate the path in front of you.
- Stay on sidewalks, or if there aren’t sidewalks, stay on the left side of the road facing traffic.
- Stay in familiar neighborhoods.
- Avoid animals that you don’t know — approach pets only after getting consent from their owners.
- Never enter an apartment or house without permission from an adult.
Using these tips, you’ll enjoy a safe, fun and delicious trick-or-treat!
Categories: Upcoming Events