The National Association of REALTORS® has announced that there’s a housing supply shortage. It’s a seller’s market — home prices are starting to increase again and homes are selling quickly. When homes are in a short supply, buyers have to have their homework done. Here are six smart homebuyer strategies:
1. Make a good impression. Come prepared when you’re viewing a home for sale. Make sure you have driven through the neighborhood and like it. When viewing the house, remember ascetics are easily changeable. If you don’t particularly care for a paint color, you can change it. Your goal is to picture yourself living in the space.
2. Get preapproved by a lender. Preapproval is more than just knowing what your budget is. Receiving preapproval from a lender helps you make an offer quickly. Your Wisconsin Mortgage Loan Officer can help you with this process.
3. Shop within your price range. When you receive preapproval, you know exactly how much home you can afford. If you see a house you like that’s out of your budget, save yourself and the seller’s time — don’t view it. It’s wise to shop for homes for sale within or slightly below your price range. It gives you the opportunity to make full-price offers or pay for closing costs.
4. Be flexible. When viewing a home for sale, try to picture your furniture and your “stuff” there. Try to look past paint colors and wallpaper.
5. Be ready. Be ready to see a new listing with a short notice. Be ready to make an offer if you believe the home is “your” home.
6. Trust your Shorewest agent. Your Shorewest agent is your trusted source throughout the process. They will help you receive preapproval and lead you in the right direction when it comes to viewing homes. As Wisconsin’s Largest Home Seller™, they know and understand how this process works.
If you’re ready to find your new home, contact a Shorewest Agent today!
Tags: buying a home, Home Buying, Home Sales, homes for sale, Housing Market, living in milwaukee, Milwaukee, milwaukee lifestyle, real estate advice, real estate agent, real estate market, shorewest, Shorewest Realtors, tips and advice, Wisconsin, wisconsin real estate
Categories: Home Buying