Many homeowners believe that the best time to sell a home is during the spring. Although there is a spring market, the winter season may be the best time to sell your home for many reasons. Here’s why you should sell your home now:
• Less competition. During the spring, you can drive down a street and see numerous For Sale signs. There is less competition now, with fewer comparable homes for sale. The probability that a buyer will look at your home is greater now.
• Serious buyers are out there. Homes are sold and bought 365 days a year. Serious buyers are shopping for their next home, regardless of the time of year. The winter months are a great time for potential buyers to see what a specific neighborhood is like. Buyers look at these things when determining whether you home is in the right neighborhood for them or not.
• Staging for the Seasons. Staging your home will help sell it, but some buyers still have difficulties finding themselves living in your “stuff.”
• Mortgage rates are low. As mortgage rates are low right now, buyers are able to afford more expensive homes. If mortgage rates increase while you’re waiting for the spring market, it could end up costing you thousands of dollars on accepting an offer.
• Quicker Transactions. There are fewer real estate transactions taking place now, leaving lenders less loans to process, attorneys less closings to do and home inspectors less inspections to do. All of these factor into a quicker transaction and closing.
• Your Shorewest Agent can help. Your Shorewest Agent will know how to market your house given the current season. As a local community expert, they are your trusted advisor. They will help you stage your home and give you tips on how to make your home more desirable.
When you’re ready to sell your home, contact a Shorewest Agent today.
Tags: current housing market, Home Sales, Home Selling, homes for sale, Housing Market, living in milwaukee, Milwaukee, milwaukee lifestyle, real estate advice, real estate market, real estate trends, shorewest, Shorewest Realtors, tips and advice
Categories: Home Selling