A recent national study showed that staged homes sold on average in 13.8 days, while non-staged homes sold in 30.9 days. Staging your home is important, not only to get the right price, but to allow potential buyers to see themselves in your space.
Shorewest shares: outdoor staging tips to optimize your curb appeal and give you the competitive edge:
- Ensure your flowerbeds are weed free and properly hedged. All hedges should be evenly trimmed and your lawn should be regularly maintained. If you’re not into gardening, paying for a quick landscaping job might be worth it. This shows that as a homeowner you value your home’s appearance.
- Check to make sure all outdoor lighting is working. You might want to leave them on slightly longer than normal, incase potential buyers drive-by in the evening hours.
- Present your front entryway. Create a welcoming entranceway for potential buyers with a freshly painted door and a few seasoned plants.
- Polish the front doorknob/handle and replace the old mailbox. Make sure your home address numbers can be easily seen from the street.
- Check if your siding or brickwork needs washing, and your gutters need a cleaning. First impressions are everything for your potential buyers.
- If you have a wood deck, make sure the stain/paint looks fresh. Clean patio furniture can also positively contribute to the backyard.
- Clean up yard clutter and put away the kids’ outdoor toys. This enhances the size of your yard.
- Ask your Shorewest Real Estate Agent to review the space and make suggestions.
When you’re ready to sell your home, contact a Shorewest agent. We know the value of a first impression, that’s why Shorewest, REALTORS® is Wisconsin’s #1 Home Seller™.
Tags: buying a home, current housing market, Home, Home Buying, home improvement, Home Sales, Home Selling, homes for sale, Housing Market, Real Estate, real estate advice, real estate market, real estate opportunities, real estate trends, shorewest, Shorewest Realtors, tips and advice, wisconsin real estate