1. Make your bed. Whether that’s assembling your bed, or just making the sheets, making your bed will help your new place feel like home.
2. Plug in a lamp. “Turn-on” your new place, and get out of the dark.
3. Clean it. Dust, vacuum, whatever — turn your new place into something sparkly!
4. Set up your bathroom. By setting up your new bathroom, you have a new place to get ready in, making your new place feel like home.
5. Help settle your pet. Put out your pet’s water/food dishes and set up their bed. If you have a dog, take them on a walk of your new neighborhood.
6. Turn on some music. Nothing lightens the mood of unpacking with your favorite songs.
7. Set up your internet. Access to Netflix — does anything else need to be said?
8. Light your favorite scent. If you have a favorite scent, it will help turn your new place into home.
9. Buy your groceries. Having a full fridge and cabinets will make you feel like you’re home.
10. Explore your neighborhood. You moved into your new neighborhood for a reason — go explore!
11. Hang up curtains. They will make any room feel more welcoming.
12. Prioritize one room and complete it. Whether it’s your bedroom or living room, clear it of all boxes and set up your furniture.
13. Hang up your favorite artwork. It will make your new place feel homey.
14. Set up a dining room table. If you already have a dining room table, clear it and eat your next meal here. If you don’t, get creative and set up a mock dining room table.
15. Paint your walls. Painting your walls will make your new space feel different.
16. Introduce yourself to your neighbors. It’s nice to get to know your neighbors and new community.
17. Unpack your books. Whatever makes your heart fill with joy (books, movies, coffee pot), unpack it!
18. Add plants. They will help fill your new space.
19. Plan to have guests over. This will motivate you to unpack and get organized.
20. Remove the boxes. As you start to unpack more and more, move all the remaining boxes to one room.
21. ENJOY IT! Spend time in your new home. You worked hard to get it.
If you’re ready for a new home, contact a Shorewest Agent today.