Getting your home ready to sell can be very frustrating. Worry and concern may set in if your house is not up-to-date on the current trends. However, preparing your home to sell doesn’t need to cost you lots of money. Here are 6 ways to boost your home’s value:
- Home Maintenance. If your home has been well maintained, you will attract lots of potential buyers. If you’ve taken care of your roof; your windows have been insulated; the water heater works; there isn’t any mold, etc. buyers will take your listing seriously. If buyers see a huge bill in maintenance, they are more likely to walk away or offer less money.
- Curb Appeal. First impressions are created within 10 seconds of seeing your home. Painting your front door, landscaping, setting flower pots out, upgrading your mailbox are all simple, cost-effective ideas to give your home a great first impression.
- Clean Space. A potential buyer wants to see themselves in your home. Remove all personal touches throughout the house. Clear off kitchen countertops, remove clothing from a different weather season, clean closets and put away family pictures and drawings = less is more.
- Paint. If you’re concerned about the color of your wall, paint it! A fresh coat of paint can help liven up your space, whether it’s your kitchen, cabinets, bathroom or living room.
- Minor Details. Make sure your home is clean before a showing. But don’t forget to make sure the little details are taken care of, too. Make sure all light bulbs are working, the garbage is taken out and your home smells clean.
- Trust Your Shorewest Real Estate Agent. When you’re working with a Shorewest, REALTOR®, you are in good hands. Your Shorewest Real Estate Agent will make sure your home is staged and ready to present the best first impression to your potential buyer. Your Shorewest Real Estate Agent will advertise your home to get more people coming to see it. You can relax and trust that your Shorewest, REALTOR® is going above and beyond to make sure your home will sell.
When you’re ready to sell your home, contact a Shorewest Agent today.
Tags: buying a home, current housing market, Home Buying, home improvement, Home Sales, Home Selling, homes for sale, Housing Market, living in milwaukee, Milwaukee, milwaukee lifestyle, real estate advice, real estate agent, shorewest, Shorewest Realtors, Wisconsin