You’ve decided you are ready to buy a home, now what? Here are eight tips to help you buy your new home:
1. Don’t buy a home if you can’t stay. If you can’t commit to remaining in the same location for at least a few years, then now is probably not the time to purchase a home. With transaction costs of buying and then selling your home right away, you will probably lose money.
2. Your credit history may need to be cleaned. Before you start looking at houses, check your credit history with your Loan Officer from Wisconsin Mortgage Corporation. Your Loan Officer will help you fix any problems that you might discover.
3. Shop in your price range. Your Loan Officer from Wisconsin Mortgage Corporation will help you determine how much house you can afford. They will sit down with you and go over your income, debts and expenses to make sure you can afford your new home.
4. Pre-approval is needed. Pre-approval is important when starting your home search. When you decide to make an offer on a home, you are certain that you have financing available to back up your offer. It can also make your offer more attractive to a seller.
5. Find your Shorewest Agent. A Shorewest Real Estate Professional can help you find the right house to make your home.
6. Look for a good school district. Even if you don’t have a family yet, a good school district is a great thing to look for. When it comes time to sell your home, a strong school district in your community will help boost your resale value.
7. Think before you make an offer. Your Shorewest Agent can help you make an offer on a new home that is competitive.
8. Hire a home inspector. Your Shorewest Agent will help you hire a home inspector. This is very important because you will double check the house is worth the price you’ve agreed to pay. Not only that, your home inspector will point out any potential problems that could require costly repairs down the road.
When you’re ready to start the process to buy and find your own home, contact a Shorewest Agent today.
Tags: buying a home, current housing market, Home Buying, homes for sale, Housing Market, living in milwaukee, Milwaukee, milwaukee lifestyle, real estate advice, real estate agent, real estate market, shorewest, Shorewest Realtors, tips and advice, wisconsin real estate
Categories: Home Buying