Have fun in your backyard this summer with these 10 DIY games!
- Yard Twister. You can create your own backyard version of Twister with spray paint. (Don’t forget to use ground marking spray to prevent damaging your grass.)
- Jumbo Ker-Plunk. Set the game up on a small table. Using chicken wire, create a large ball pit. Fill up water balloons and place sticks (or painter sticks) throughout the chicken wire. Be careful what stick you pull out — you don’t want to pop them!
- Giant Jenga. With a couple of 2×4 boards, you can make your own giant jenga set. Paint the ends with your favorite color — and you have your own jenga set.
- DIY Hang Trap. Cut out several squares in a tarp and mark each one with colorful duct tape. Label each opening with different points and hang it up against a wall or on your laundry wire. Turn it into a game by throwing a ball. Whoever has the most points, wins!
- Marble/Car Race. Cut a pool noodle in half and decorate it with a start and finish line. Have fun racing cars down the line!
- Scavenger Hunt. Create your own scavenger hunt in your backyard.
- Bean Bag Toss. Besides the famous corn hole game, you can create your own bean bag toss. Using a 4×4 piece of wood, drill in various size buckets vertically. Label the buckets according to points and have fun!
- Backyard Bowling. You can create your own bowling lane in your backyard. Use empty milk cartons for pins and roll a kickball down the lane.
- Tic-Tac-Toe. Construct your own tic-tac-toe. You can use hula hoops, jump ropes or construct your own.
- Tug of War. Take the classic tug of war and make it difficult — with milk crates. Place the crates upside down and stand on top of them in the grass. Use a jump rope and see who can pull the other person off.
For more backyard ideas, visit our Pinterest Page!