As Memorial Day approaches this weekend, we have officially entered the outdoor season. The outdoor season is also known as the short window of opportunity that Mother Nature allows us to enjoy the outdoors — without the snow and polar vortex. If your backyard needs some updating, check out these 20 tips to create a one-of-a-kind space available to play in!
1. Set up an outdoor movie theater.
2. Plant a garden.
3. Build a simple, easy tree-house.
4. Add a beer/wine cooler to your patio table.
5. Drill holes in your fence and fill with marbles.
6. Turn an old bunk bed into a stargazing tree-house.
7. Make a giant scrabble set.
8. Build a fire pit.
9. Build a hammock swing.
10.Build a beach in a corner of your backyard.
11. Go camping in your backyard.
12. Build a teepee.
13. Recycle bicycle tires to make a jungle gym.
14. Make a giant water bed outside.
15. Create an outdoor tunnel system for your indoor cat.
16. Build an outdoor kitchen/pizza oven.
17. Spray paint an outdoor game of Twister.
18. Create an outdoor chalkboard.
19. Make a hula hoop hideout.
20. Hide a Bee Game.
To see more options, check out our Outdoor Pinterest page.
Categories: Home Improvement