When it comes to home improvement, some dollars stretch more than others. If you are on a limited budget, it is even more important to spend your money in the right places on your home.
Here are seven of the most financially savvy upgrades that you can make to your home!
1. Complete your rooms by adding molding. Crown molding makes your rooms feel bigger, taller and more refined. It is a simple, elegant addition to any room. An added bonus is that crown molding comes in so many different options, you are sure to find one that you will love.
2. Upgrade your ceiling fans. Ceiling fans are an inexpensive option to keep your rooms cool. Choose a quality fan that will give you better cooling results, less noise and a finished look at a price that you feel comfortable with.
3. Plant some trees outside. Mature trees on a property lend itself to boosting your sales price and knocking off days on the market. They save in energy costs, lower stress, prevent erosion and also protect your home from the elements.
4. DIY and install a deck or a patio. Don’t feel like you need to go crazy with the upgraded amenities but not enough can be said about a beautiful outdoor space that friends and family can gather at.
5. Upgrade your insulation. This upgrade may be out-of-sight, out-of-mind but it will show up time-and-time again when your utility bill comes along and it is significantly lower!
6. Think outside the box and add some creative storage. A great selling point of a home is how much storage it offers. Start thinking creatively and add storage in-between your wall’s studs or underneath your stairs!
7. Let there be light! Install exterior lighting to make your home shine at night. This can help accent features you like most about your house and keep burglars away. Place your lights on a time so you don’t waste energy and money!
Not all upgrades to your home have to take a lot of your time or money. Consider adding a few of these upgrades to your home to increase its value and to help you enjoy your home!