The kitchen is the heart of the home; it’s where we spend a lot of our family time and also entertaining guests. Do you find that although you are in the kitchen most of the time, it also seems to be the room where you spend the least amount of effort on? Giving your kitchen some new life will help make the space breathe again, and it may also be time to update to fit your current style.Of course redoing your kitchen can be a sink hole for funds! Here are some ways you can renovate your kitchen on a budget:
1. Swap out the hardware. New hardware is an easy way to give the entire space an uplift. It also won’t break the bank and is an easy DIY project.
2. Buy a new faucet. A new faucet is a simple way to give your kitchen a stunning focal point. To make things easier, make sure the new piece matches your existing faucet’s size and layout.
3. Try a stick-on backsplash. Want to liven up your backsplash but you are not willing to rip out and replace the current ones? Try a stick-on backsplash! They are uncomplicated to install and easy on the wallet too!
4. Rework your old cabinetry. Buying all new cabinets is not only expensive but it is also a lot of work! Think about refinishing or simply painting your old cabinets for a bright, fresh look!
5. Updating light fixtures. Do you still have the glass dome lighting from the 80’s? Time to update! Picking a fixture that will provide better lighting and one that fits your aesthetic will make a world of difference.
Don’t be afraid to get creative with a limited budget! DIY is all the rage and making something new out of what you already have will save you a ton of money in the end. Check out our Pinterest for more DIY inspiration!