It seems to happen every year; homeowners decide to wait until after the holidays to put their homes up for sale. Or homeowners, who already have their home up for sales, take a break over the holidays. Buy why would you wait? Here are six reasons to sell your home now!
- Relocation buyers are out there! Maybe their company has put them on a tight timeline to get a home as soon as possible. If they have kids, they will want to move in quickly to get them settled and ready to start at their new school after winter break.
- People that are looking at homes during the holidays are serious buyers. The holidays may not be the most convenient time to move but those who are looking are ready to go!
- Homes tend to show better when decorated for the holidays. During the holidays people love to decorate! Homes are embellished and show off their best sides during this time.
- There is less competition right now. There is less competition for you as a seller right now. Let’s take a look at listing inventory as compared to the same time last year:
- The desire to own a home doesn’t stop when the holidays come. Buyers who were unable to find their dream home during the busy spring and summer months are still searching!
- The supply of listings increases substantially after the holidays. Also, in many parts of the country, new construction will continue to surge reaching new heights in 2018, which will lessen the demand for your house.
The bottom line is, when it comes to selling your home, NOW is the time! Be smart with your investment and talk to a Shorewest, REALTOR® today about putting your home on the market. With their expert industry knowledge, Shorewest resources and significant training, they will help you throughout your entire selling journey! #ShorewestRealtors #SellingMyHome
Source Credit: Keeping Current Matters