Tis the season for some Holiday Festivals! Everyone comes together for some holiday spirit and community gatherings. Celebrate with cheer, a little magic and a whole lot of happiness! Check out this list for some of the best in your area.Plymouth – Plymouth Annual Christmas Parade
November 25, 4-7pm – Downtown Plymouth
- Plymouth Annual Christmas Parade begins at 7pm, winding down Mill Street in historic downtown Plymouth. Annual chili cookoff, pitting participating businesses’ favorite chilis against each other, is held 4-7pm. The winner is chosen by shoppers who are invited to taste-test and purchase the various chili samples.
Kenosha – Lightin’ Up! Downtown
November 25, 4-9pm – Kenosha Public Museum
- Downtown Kenosha lights up – literally – for the holiday season with this wondrous, family-friendly festival. Festivities include our City Tree Lighting, free streetcar rides, Visits with Santa, the Lightin’ Up Business Decorating Contest, and so much more! Downtown businesses will stay open late and welcome you in for special sales and promotions, live entertainment, family activities and old-fashioned holiday cheer!
Menomonee Falls – Christmas Downtown
November 26, 11am-4pm – Downtown Menomonee Falls
- Look for a red balloon on windows or doors of participating businesses having their annual Open House and a variety of specialty vendors inside certain businesses for your expanded gift selections. Santa will be at The American Legion Hall from 10:30am – 2:30pz to take pictures. Horse and Wagon rides ($2) per seat will start on the north side of Main St. just east of the river – near Mill Pond Plaza. Throughout the day, Accompany of Kids and The Patio Players will be strolling throughout downtown singing everyone’s holiday favorites. We will celebrate the official Christmas Tree Lighting in Centennial Plaza (Main and Appleton) with Accompany of Kids performing at 2:45pm and tree lighting at 3:00pm.
Watertown – Holiday of Lights Parade
November 26, begins at 5:30pm – Downtown Watertown
- Come join us for the Annual Holiday Parade of Lights. The parade goes down Main Street in historic downtown Watertown. Visit Santa in his house after the parade.
Oconomowoc – The German Christmas Market
November 25-27, Fri 11am-10pm, Sat 11am-11pm, Sun 11am-4pm – Downtown Oconomowoc
- Get the family out of the house on Thanksgiving weekend and celebrate Wisconsin’s German heritage at this family festival that features heated tents, German beer, music, live bands, authentic German cuisine, vendors, Santa and more.
Cedarburg – Festive Friday Eves
November 18 – December 16, 5-9pm every Friday – Cedar Creek Settlement
- Festive Friday Eves is an exciting series of free, family-oriented evening events. “Feliz Navidad” A Latin Christmas. Celebrate the Christmas season with a Latin flavor. Live music with Doubletime, featuring music on classic guitar and keyboard. Food sampling. Holiday crafts for kids, storytelling with the Cedarburg High School Spanish Club. Complimentary cider and cookies. Sample Cedar Creek Winery’s award-winning wines, olive oil and balsamic tasting.
Lake Geneva – Christmas in the Country
November 20 – December 31 – Grand Geneva Resort & Spa
- From the Illumination Ceremony with two million lights and fireworks, to bringing in the new year on New Year’s Eve, the Grand Geneva Resort hosts a six-week-long Christmas in the Country Celebration. Bring magic to the holidays and enjoy the lights, music and theater as well as ginger bread houses, breakfast with Santa, elf mail runs and so much more.
November 17 – January 1 – Start at Pere Marquette Park
- This six-week festival will give downtown a boost of holiday spirit with colorful lights and animated displays in Cathedral Square Park, Pere Marquette Park and Zeidler Union Square. Visitors will see the streetscape transformed by sparkling rooflines, harp lamp lighting and suspended décor above downtown intersections. In addition, $1 Jingle Bus rides will operate Thursday through Sunday evenings connecting visitors to all the sights.
Pewaukee – Country Christmas
November 25-27 – Country Springs Hotel
- Country Christmas, Wisconsin’s largest drive through Christmas lights display, is proud to celebrate 22 years of Christmas tradition; Country Christmas features over a million holiday lights festively displayed along a mile-long trail that winds through the woods. And when you’ve finished your trip through the trail, leave your vehicle behind and visit Christmas Village and The Streets of Bethlehem. Christmas Village is home to our spectacular, working model train display as well as a concession area to purchase refreshments. Streets of Bethlehem is where you will be amazed by the near life-size Fontanini nativity display, a replica of the one found at the Vatican.
Wherever you are celebrating, make sure to spend time with family and friends and enjoy your Thanksgiving weekend! With so much to do, how will you choose? #ShorewestRealtors #Holiday #Thanksgiving #Festivals
Source Credit: Travel Wisconsin