The city of Milwaukee is the hub of southeastern Wisconsin, and as such, it has a responsibility to provide fun and entertainment to all. And does it ever! Milwaukee is home to so many fun festivals, shows and events; it’s hard to see everything! Here is the ultimate bucket list for your summer this year!1. Summerfest. It’s Milwaukee’s music gift to the world as the World’s Largest Music Festival! 2017 is their 50th anniversary and that means that they are pulling out all the stops! With headliners like Red Hot Chili Peppers, Walk the Moon, Flume, Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers and so many more! Even if you are a seasoned Milwaukeean, there is always a good time waiting at the Summerfest grounds!
2. Chill on the Hill. When Summerfest just isn’t enough music for you, head to Humboldt Park where the Bay View Neighborhood Association features an outdoor stage perfect for concerts! It features local musicians and runs from June to August every Tuesday night from 6-8pm.
3. NEWaukee Night Market. Ready for a new kind of market? Head to Wisconsin Ave between 2nd and 4th streets from 5-10pm one Wednesday a month from June to September for food vendors, live art, music and don’t forget the beer garden!
4. Jazz in the Park. Milwaukee’s “favorite free, outdoor, summer music series!” Head to Cathedral Park every Thursday from 5-9pm from June to August to get your fix of some free outdoor entertainment with friends and family!
5. Bastille Days. Can’t get enough French food, entertainment or music? From July 13-16 go to Cathedral Square Park for one of the nation’s largest French-themed celebrations!
6. State Fair. The Wisconsin State Fair is fun for all ages! Rides, all things fried food, music, animals and so much more! It is a bucket list stop for sure!
7. Mitchell Park Conservatory (The Domes). These are unlike anything else in Milwaukee and are a staple to our community. They feature three biomes, the Desert Dome, the Tropical Dome and the Floral Dome.
8. Bradford or Atwater Beach. Who doesn’t love to go to the beach during the summer?
Swimming, beach volleyball and plenty of water activities make for a perfect summer day at the beach. What will you decide to do first? Make sure to check them off of your list and see what Milwaukee has to offer! #ShorewestRealtors #CommunityFeature #LocalFun #MKE
Tags: Bastille Days, Bradford Beach, Chill on the Hill, Community Feature, family, Friends, Jazz in the Park, Local Fun, Milwaukee, MKE, NEWaukee Night Market, Shorewest Realtors, State Fair, Summer, summerfest, the domes