Whether you’re a first-time home buyer or someone who has purchased before, the timeline of events can often be confusing. We’re here to help! Our simple infographic will be revealed over the next few weeks, and it outlines the entire process of purchasing a home. Below you’ll find the fifth step, and remember to check back often as we continue to complete this infographic.
1. Determine your objectives. Read more about determining your housing needs in Part 1 of this series.
2. Financial qualification. Learn about getting pre-approved in Part 2 of this series.
3. Tour and select a property. From finding your dream home to negotiating with the seller, learn more in Part 3 of this series.
4. Get a home inspection. In Part 4 of this series, explore getting a home inspection and what to expect from it.
5. Finish your paperwork. Work with your loan officer from Part 2 to finalize your financial paperwork. They will prepare all paperwork needed for closing, which you’ll learn more about in Part 6 of this series. Be sure to satisfy your contingencies, or the provisions in your real estate contract that must be satisfied to close on the home. Contingencies can include an appraisal contingency or mortgage contingency, and your Shorewest real estate agent can help explain these terms as well as any other contingencies that your purchase contract may need.
Categories: Home Buying