So we are just getting into the first month of the New Year! How are your resolutions coming along? Some of them may be sticking and some might be done already. Here are some real estate resolutions not to give up on!
1. I will get pre-approved before I begin looking for a home. Being approved before you even start looking will get you going on the right foot. Not only will you be looking in the correct price bracket, but the seller will take you that much more serious when you find the home you want.
2. I will be realistic in my expectations as a seller. Do not take the fact that it is a seller’s market to mean that you can ask for whatever price you would like, or not make needed repairs or upgrades.
3. I will make decisions in a timely fashion as a buyer. On the flip side, because this is a seller’s market, it means that you need to be ready to act as soon as you’ve decided on a home you love. Do not expect concessions from the seller and put your best offer forward.
4. I will be brave! Don’t let growing interest rates or sales prices paralyze you from moving forward to a new home or downsizing! Even if you are slightly inconvenienced by selling your home too quickly or having to move twice, there may not be a time in the future when market conditions are as good as they are now.
5. I will use my Shorewest, REALTOR® when it comes to buying or selling a home. For Sale By Owner (FSBO) and discount brokers are hard routes to take. Your Shorewest, REALTOR® will help you with paperwork, marketing, legalities and so much more of the home selling or buying journey. With Wisconsin’s Largest Home Seller™ behind them, they have invaluable resources to help you buy or sell a home faster while netting more.New Year’s resolutions can be hard to keep, but these five declarations will make a positive impact for you on your real estate journey in 2019. Your Shorewest, REALTOR® will be there for every step of the way, making sure it goes as smooth as possible!
Tags: buying a home, first time home buyer, First Time Home Seller, FSBO, New Year's Resolutions, Pre-Approved, Real Estate, selling a home, shorewest, shorewest family, Shorewest Realtors, wisconsin's largest home seller