National Cut Your Energy Costs Day encourages people to look for ways to reduce energy costs and save on their energy bills. It is a helpful reminder for everyone to examine their own lifestyle and see if there are any energy improvements that can be made to help the environment.
Here are 10 ways to participate in National Cut Your Energy Costs Day:
- Replace old windows with new energy-efficient windows
- Lower water heater temperature
- Unplug unused appliances
- Properly maintain furnace
- Turn off lights when leaving a room
- Carpool whenever possible
- Run dishwasher/washing machine/dryer only when fully loaded
- Take shorter showers
- Replace old furnace with new energy-efficient furnace
- Turn down thermostats
Some of these options are expensive upfront but will save you so much money in the long run. Replacing your windows and furnace means that your home will be very efficient and your heating system won’t need to work so hard to maintain temperatures.
Some of these options are extremely easy and can be put into place today! Consider practicing some or all of these tips to create energy and financial savings for the entire year!